martes, 4 de enero de 2011
Ahmad Jamal - Big Byrd The Essence, Pt. 2
Mp3, 320 kbps. Covers.
Ahmad Jamal - Piano
Manolo Badrena - Percussion (3, 4, 5, 6)
Donald Byrd - Trumpet (4)
James Cammack - Bass (1, 2, 5, 6)
Joe Kennedy, Jr. - Violin (3)
Idris Muhammad - Drums
Jamil Nasser - Bass, Drums (3, 4)
Tracks list:
01. Lament
02. There's a Lull in My Life
03. Manhattan Reflections
04. Big Byrd
05. Jamie My Boy
06. I Love You
Recorded at Studios Marcadet, La Plaine Saint-Denis, France and Clinton Studios, New York, New York between October 1994 & February 1995
Etiquetas:
Ahmad Jamal,
Donald Byrd,
Idris Muhammad,
James Cammack,
Jamil Nasser,
Joe Kennedy,
Jr,
Manolo Badrena
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

23 comentarios:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/9mJJC6k
Gracias Jasa....
abrazo fuerte,
Zancudo
Thank you for the Jamal, what a great pianist!
Thanks
Marco
Gracias for an interesting session
I was attracted to this new one because of DB. The download description give "part2" - is there a part 1 - I havent unzipped file yet but i don't think its possible to without a part 1 the software does not activate.
Other than that dear Jasapaal, a fine post -I might even start to like Jamal again...
Cheers
Graham CENSUSLOSS
beautiful!
gracias
Hi Jazzsi- the file unzips perfectly, Thank You
Graham Censusloss
Disfrútalo Zancudo.
You are welcome Ina.
You are welcome Marco.
You are very welcome Otis.
Benvido josé neves.
You are very welcome dear Graham.
Dear Jasapaal,
I have never been a fan of Ahmad Jamal - I think he takes too many liberties or chances ( and i weell appreciate how in jazz, taking chances 1) means keeping the spirit of jazz improvisation alive and 20 keeping the spiriit of jazz improvisation alive ..and so on. But after 40 + years listening , I have my favourites which does not mean my mind is closed to those artists that have disappointed me in the past. This album of AJ is a case in point. I defy anyone of whatever stylistic persuation, as long as they have the true jaZZ SPIRIT AT HEART ,to say that the opening track " lament" is not a very very fine piece of theme understanding of theme marvellous improv of theme and ( rarest of rare) made perfect by top drawer side men's playing. A Treasure and bless you yet again for posting great jazz.
\the fact that the album falls apart ( and AJ most of all after the brilliant opening trk ] gives me no pleasure to report - but as I have always thought -if one track is great on ANY album then you as a listener are sublimely priveleged
Hola !!!
Graham C
Dear Graham, you must hear this version of Autumn Leaves
http://jasapaal.blogspot.com/2010/12/ahmad-jamal-live-in-paris-1996.html
Oh great to get this i can't get the reference to load - i will wait until a.m and sobriety and try again
you are a positive spirit in keeping jazz alive in this increasingly anodyne world -- like King Cake, Raz L5 and a very few selected others -BLESS YOU and Them !!!!!!!!!!!!
Graham C
I love my old jazz friend Raz
Dear Javier,
Thank you for sending me to Ahmad Jamal live in paris !!
This outing and your and my reaction to it brings to light all that is wonderful about jazz GREAT is in the eye or ear of the beholder as we say in english.
Autumn leaves illustrates to me the good and bad in AJ don't admire this track for several reasons but I LOVE the live vibe in it and all the other tracks.Devil's in my den is for me the standout track ABSOLUTELY - my dear George Coleman fits in superbly in this borderline jazz outing ( I would say its nearer to Jazz Funk Latino ]the violinist for me easily plays the best solo on the whole date and i am ashamed i have never even heard of him
IN JAZZ WE TRUST !
Vaya con Dios, mon amigo !!
GC
Dear Javier,
Thank you for sending me to Ahmad Jamal live in paris !!
This outing and your and my reaction to it brings to light all that is wonderful about jazz GREAT is in the eye or ear of the beholder as we say in english.
Autumn leaves illustrates to me the good and bad in AJ don't admire this track for several reasons but I LOVE the live vibe in it and all the other tracks.Devil's in my den is for me the standout track ABSOLUTELY - my dear George Coleman fits in superbly in this borderline jazz outing ( I would say its nearer to Jazz Funk Latino ]the violinist for me easily plays the best solo on the whole date and i am ashamed i have never even heard of him
IN JAZZ WE TRUST !
Vaya con Dios, mon amigo !!
GC
To taste, there are colors my dear friend.
Wise words, Dear J -this outing has really taken a while to really appreciate - and Autumn Leaves is quite unlike anything I have heard in Jazz and I was hard and wrong to say it and the album bordered on fusion It is marvelous and I keepreturning to it and 1 week ago I could never imagine an AJ album could do this to my ears
Thanks so much , Dear J - I always think we are all still learning in jazz, in life....
Graham C
I would have enough time to learn.
A hug Graham.
Publicar un comentario